www.gastechno.com

GasTechno® Flare Gas Recovery

"Gas flaring is extensive...much of the flaring occurs at small and remote sites for which few utilization options are currently available. The Global Gas Flaring Reduction Partnership therefore encourages efforts to support development of technologies, such as that being developed by Gas Technologies, that may have the potential to convert gas currently being flared into useful products."

Bent Svensson, Program Manager, Oil, Gas and Mining Policy Division, World Bank's Global Gas Flaring Reduction Partnership (GGFR)

Our focus is gas flaring reduction. According to World Bank's Global Gas Flaring Reduction (GGFR) Partnership, every day approximately 14.3 billion standard cubic feet of gas are flared worldwide; over 5.3 trillion cubic feet of natural gas are wasted annually. World Bank estimates that CO2 emissions from flaring comprise approximately 13% of committed emission reductions by developed countries.

3 Steps to Reduced Emissions
A 17 million cubic foot flare producing nearly 440,000 metric tons of CO2 per year can be reduced to less than 50,000 tons in three steps.

First, remove the natural gas liquids (NGLs) for sale--this is usually profitable on its own.

Second, install a GasTechno plant to convert the remaining methane and ethane into chemicals.

Finally, pure CO2 a secondary by-product, can be sold, converted to other products, re-injected or otherwise sequestered, eliminating 89% of the original CO2 emissions. The remaining 11% is vented from the compressor, electrical and heat generating equipment needed to run the process.

Flare to Fuels
When recovered flare gas is committed solely to power generation, the value of each unit of returned gas is limited to the current fuel value of methane, currently $4/mcf. Why limit your return? GasTechno natively produces marketable high grade methanol, ethanol and formalin. Proprietary process extensions convert methane to valuable green fuel components.

Ideal Flare Gas Recovery Solution

Application Specifics

  • Technical Considerations: Feed composition and pressure

  • Operational Considerations: Roads in place.

  • Utilities: On-site oxygen supply (LOX) or VSA or VPSA for oxygen production

  • Standard Processing Module: GasTechno Truncated Process (where raw liquid product is stored and shipped to a central processing plant for distillation) or on-site distillation

  • Optional Features:
    Process automation, remote monitoring/alarms

  • Add-on Optional Processing Modules: GasTechno® NGL, GasTechno® Electric Co-Production, GasTechno® to DME, GasTechno® to Gasoline, GasTechno® to Diesel and GasTechno® to Jet Fuel, all provide integrated solutions without disrupting existing safety or flaring systems.